It's important to know your measurements and understand how our garments are measured, especially when ordering vintage online.
All our clothing items are measured in inches; flat and unstretched unless noted. The bust, waist, and hip measurements are then doubled.
- The bust dimension is measured at the fullest part of the bust, please note, it is not the same as a bra size.
- The waist is measured at the waistband or narrowest part of the garment. An empire waist dress or drop waist dress may include an additional measurement for the natural waist, approximately 7 inches below the bustline.
- The hip measurement is taken from the fullest part of the hip or approximately 8 inches below the natural waist.
- Garment length is measured from shoulder to bottom hem.
Other measurements may include:
- Shoulder measurement; taken from seam to seam (or approximation) across the shoulders.
- Rise measurement; taken from seams between the legs to the top of the waistband.
- Arm opening measurement; taken along the seam at the shoulder where a sleeve would attach.
Please do not hesitate to ask for additional measurement or clarification if needed!